That’s quite some heading. Say aloud five times in rapid succession. Where was I? Ah, yes. This was the first graded assignment I was handed after a couple of months at Noroff. The criteria were the following:
- Theme: Architectural Visualization
- Reference: Real life photograph, approved by a teacher
- Goal: Match the reference fairly well and go for photo realistic
- Time frame: 4 weeks
- Tools: 3ds max 9 and Photoshop CS3
- Render engine: Scanline, Mental Ray or V-Ray
[/list]I went flickr hunting and finally decided on this reference image. As I had previously used V-Ray for the dining room, the choice of render engine was an easy one.
If I had more time, I would have worked more on the fur, fixed the weird carpet pattern and found better textures for the stool among other things.
The project earned me an A grade and won a competition connected to the assignment with almost 60 contestants.
Edit: And 4 years later, I thought I might give this thing a quick retouch: