This sunday Andreas and I scanned in the new storyboard and started assembling it digitally as well as beginning work on the new animatic. We had to leave the building before five though and didn’t finish.
Wasn’t I supposed to blog every day? Or at least every day I worked on the student film project? Shoot, I keep forgetting. Well, there are actually a reason or two for my absence this time. Firstly, I’ve been ill, still am after a manor of fashion.
Today was a long day. When we arrived this morning, the storyboard wasn’t finished, the work on the animatic wasn’t even started, and there was a presentation to make. Add an ill team member and another that needed to leave early and you have the recipe for a long day at school.
Today, we worked to finish the current storyboard draft for the upcoming presentation, but somehow we didn’t seem to get very far. We’ve estimated that we need about 70 frames for this draft and so far we’ve only just passed 20. This is partly caused by the untimely illness of one of our team members, but even so we should have gotten further.
I haven’t had time to write anything the last few days unfortunately, so I’ll try putting the essentials down in this post.
Today we worked some more on the storyboard, advanced the plot of the story and had some more concept art made. As concept art and story boards aren’t what I would call my area of expertise, I didn’t actually draw much, but participated in the discussions.
My job during the weekend was to create a test for the opening credits/establishing shot which is a rip-off from The Day After Tomorrow. Normally, I would list what still needs to be done in the shot, but since this is such an early test, I’ll sum it up in one word: Everything!