Currently browsing tag

visual effects

Shot 4, final comp

AVE ICA complete at last

So here is the result of the past months work, from idea to storyboard, previs to film shoot, modelling to compositing. Hope it isn’t entirely hopeless :-)

scene05

It’s been a while

So it’s been a while a few weeks a couple of months. First there was Easter, then there was intensive work to finish the final year project and write a good report, then Studio Practice & Business had its turn, and suddenly and without quite knowing how I got there, two months had just vanished.

DSC_0085

Green screen shoot complete

As mentioned in my last post, I shot the footage for my AVE ICA this past Wednesday. That was the plan anyway. Turned out we overshot on time with a lot and only got three out of five shots before the day was over.

ave_ica_previs_shoot

We have some footage!

This Monday, Andreas and I went to the green screen studio in the Phoenix building to shoot some tests for our projects. This was basically to work out setups and camera angles before we do the real thing.

presentation

Putting together a presentation

Right after my last update I suffered a setback as the article I found and hoped I would be able to base the presentation on turned out to be more than 11 years old, and therefore isn’t very relevant anymore.

iStock_000004140040Small

Inspiration for the Final Year Project

Another course module I have this year is called Practical Project 60. In this module, students are supposed to come up with their own project where they can work on whatever they want.

fume03

Aftermath

At long last, the project is almost over. Less than two days away as of this writing. After delivering the final film a couple of weeks ago, I’ve spent my time relaxing, creating a short “making of” with the rest of Green Spill, writing stuff on this blog and a self assessment document.

ground16

Speed comp: 64 shots in 4 days

Having finished rendering and vfx shots, and with a little more than a week to deadline, compositing was next on the list. Beforehand, I had estimated compositing would take a day or two. I had already test comped nearly one third of the shots and thought I could use those as templates for the rest. The only thing I hadn’t done before in any shot was thinking about the suns position and the movement of the clouds.